Thursday, March 15, 2012

Mythellaneous Conjurings


Hey everybody, welcome to my blog. Before I stamp your ticket to hilarious fun, there are a few important announcements.

First: my life story. There's been a lot of weirdness in my life- including a couple of automobile accidents in my formative years (you've got to expect that growing up on the rainy streets of Seattle), summer trips to the Santa Cruz Boardwalk (in the early 1970's, before legal restrictions on amusement parks, you literally risked your life on those rides), and a handful of cross country trips (with stops into the sexual freedom loving culture of San Francisco, CA and the drug loving culture of Austin, TX...or is that the other way around? I can't remember), and finally ending up in Northwestern Pennsylvania (a great place if you like trees, snow, and abandoned factories). I've worked as a security guard for a movie company (and background extra) and at just about every dead end job you can name: paper boy, stock boy, dishwasher, baker, prep chef, janitor, councilor (for the deranged), and as a cafeteria worker for a private school. In rock-n-roll bands, I was the drummer.
Secondly, I've been drawing, writing and making movies from the time I could legibly print my name (say, first grade). Just so we're clear: These "projects" were for fun (and to meet girls). I made little or no money from any of these ventures. Nor do I have any formal ties to help anyone to get into "the biz". These "projects" were designed to get my foot in the door, but I was always at the wrong address.
Those of you searching for in-depth analysis about pop culture and ancient mythology; I'll be featuring plenty of random thoughts, incoherent ideas, mistaken conclusions, flawed understandings and weird rants. I've written some plays, experimented with radio comedy (The Beatnik Spy Guys), and created half a dozen Halloween costumes (including a Haunted House with working lights, ghost sounds and more). I'm a father, a smoker, a drinker, and I'll probably be dead before I'm fifty. I've owned dogs, cats, birds, fish, gerbils, hamsters, rabbits, ferrets, amphibians, and a there was that year when I fed live crickets to a monitor lizard.
Lastly, a few of you may have 'looked me up' in an effort to 'track me down'. You found me. Mythellaneous Conjurings was primarily built to sell my gaming fanzines, and I'm sending you this semi famous quote from Alan Moore and Dave Gibbons: "None of you understand. I'm not locked up in here with you. You're locked up in here with me". (Rorschach from Watchmen, issue 6, pg. 13, 1986-1987, Trademarked and owned by DC Comics 2012).
That's about it. Be safe, and take care of yourselves. Remember, it's one nation under CCTV. Let the fun begin !









                

No comments:

Post a Comment